cosplay @ NOR-CON 8
We welcome everyone of you who have taken the time to attend in costume and participate in CosPlay. Some of your marvellous creations are trully stunning and what better place to show off than at NOR-CON 8.
cosplay rules – please read!
The beauty of NOR-CON is that you can pretty much come dressed in whatever character you like as long as it is not political, sexually explicit or religious. We have a fantastic and diverse amount of visitors who make some truly awesome costumes. We never really know what we are going to get until the day.
“YOU are important, YOU are fantastic, no matter what your size, creed colour or disability, YOU are welcome to CosPlay at NOR-CON.
The main thing is you enjoy yourself and embrace your inner geek and have a great time.
Please be aware that even though you may see various fun cosplayer costumes such as MARVEL, DC, DISNEY and similar costumes, “some” cosplay costumes may be a little intimidating for younger children and people of a nervous disposition and we ask that appropriate adult, carer discretion and/or supervision is advised.
NO Cosplay with sexual overtones or sexually explicit cosplay, NO religious references, NO Political references or cosplay.
It is the responsibility of attendees to ensure that a wristband can be placed directly on your left wrist, not over costume or clothing. Take this into account with designs or adjustments to the costume.
We do not tolerate costume bullying or harrassment – we have a zero tolerance policy for harrassment, bullying or inappropriate behaviour resulting in immediate eviction from the site with no refund.
the NOR-CON cosplay competition
We will be running our popular COSPLAY COMPETITION again this year on both the 29th & 30th September 2018 so you can show off your costume creations that you have made and impress everyone around.
Please note that the COSPLAY COMPETITION is limited to 50 entrants per competition.
There will be a Competition registration desk for you to register your entry.
The COSPLAY COMPETITION awards the following prizes on each day:
Kids Cosplay Comp (ages 3 -13) – 1st, 2nd and 3rd place – age appropriate prizes awarded.
Adult Cosplay (14 years +)
First Prize: – 1m x 1m of 45kg density foam in 5mm & 2mm, 1m x 1m of 65kg density Foam in 5mm & 2mm And a Large Flexi Paint Combo, plus 3 x Flexi Filler (each colour)
Second Prize: – Large Combo Flexi Paint with 2 Flexi fillers
Third Prize: – Small Combo Flexi Paint with 1 Flexi Filler
Vouchers can be redeemed with any trader on the day of the competition to their value. They are non transferable and there is NO cash alternative.
NOR-CON Events Limited reserve the right to amend or change these terms at any time.
Costumes Competition Rules:
- All applications must be submitted physically to the contest registration table before pre-judging; there is no online entry. An application may be obtained from the signup table before judging.
- The cosplay comp is open to all fandoms with no discrimination. but entries must be based on a literary / character so they can be judged for accuracy.
- Commercial, shop or store bought costumes are not allowed.
- Each contestant may only enter one costume into competition.
- While on stage, jumping, flipping, running, throwing items into the audience or any movements that could compromise the safety of any contestants or spectators is prohibited. Any of these actions will result in automatic disqualification from the contest.
- The use of fire, glitter, liquids, or any other objects that will cause a mess are prohibited. Leaving any portion of a costume on stage will result in automatic disqualification from the contest.
- NO Skits or routines – this competition is to Display your costume ONLY to the Judges and spectators.
- NO Sexual or Religeous references on costumes will be allowed.
- NO profanity allowed on stage. That includes messages on signs or clothes. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave to Convention with no refund. This is a family orientated event.
- % of costume home made
- Accuracy / likeness
- Stage presence
- Overall appearance
- Audience reaction
All cosplayers – banned and restricted items and behaviour:
- Any metal edged object such as Knives, axes, swords are BANNED and these items will be confiscated if you bring them till you leave the event.
- Guns/Bows/Arrows – This is anything that shoots a projectile or could be enabled to shoot a projectile, including air guns, Airsoft weapons, crossbows, or replicas of actual guns, it also includes real weapons. Weapons must not have any firing mechanisms or be able to fire any projectiles including water or other liquids.
- All realistic looking weapons must have a visible orange tip to them, We will have tape available on the day for anyone who has not done this. Event security will check all weapons.
- We have a zero tolerance policy regarding banned items. Safety is our prime concern to our visitors.
- We also will not tolerate inappropriate behaviour, harassment or bullying at NOR-CON under any circumstances. If these problems are identified to NOR-CON staff, the offenders will be asked to leave the event by the event Security Team with no refund.
please, please, please!
The local Police are made aware at the appropriate time that an event with a large amount of costumed attendees will be taking place. Bearing in mind the current security alert state that the UK is experiencing, please be considerate to the general public who are not familiar with the cosplay scene.
If you are attending NOR-CON this year, using public transport or just walking to the event or off down the shops, please make sure that all your cosplay weapons are kept concealed or covered in order to avoid members of the general public mistakenly reporting something to the local authorities. Please also show the same courtesy of covering props or keeping props out of sight when travelling home after the event.
This will hopefully also avoid Police Helicopters, Riot Police, Screaming people, Armed response squads and you spending the best part of the event locked up in a cell.
Just a touch of common sense please whilst out and about in view of the general public.
Cheers guys and gals… you totally rock !